Technical Team Lead-Java
FAIRFAX, VA, US
Job Location: Fairfax, VA
Job Type: Fulltime Perm
Clearance Requirement: US Citizen and should be able to obtain clearance.
Our client is looking for a Technical Team Lead to be part of a growing team in the federal sector.
This role manages and directs technical staff in the planning, development and maintenance of IT modernization efforts of large information exchange platform. Primary areas of responsibility include: agile based stakeholder engagement, requirements management, resource allocation, delivery and reporting. Also oversees technical activities that include DevSecOps, Microservice based design, implementation, maintenance, change management, and configuration management.
This candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adaptive to the changing needs of the organization. This candidate must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
- Work with the Program Manager and Release Coordinator to support modernization and sustainment efforts
- Track and work with stakeholders on the service requests opened by the team.
- Drive the calls during the deployments and off-hour maintenance tasks impacting critical applications.
- Schedule the resources for the tasks and maintain the worklog for ease of maintenance.
- Ensure team maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes
- Ensure projects are tracked in Jira, report status, and escalate issues to leadership
- Lead enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, and vendor management activities
- Provide leadership in Microservice-based application architecture
- Minimum 15 years of experience and a B.S. Degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience. Similarly, additional education qualifications can be used for equal work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technical lead or technical project manager
- 5+ years of experience as a Java Developer
- DHS/USCIS Experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Data Streaming products like Kafka
- Familiarity with API Management solutions like APIGEE
- Familiarity with CICD concepts, Microservices Architecture and Cloud-Native principles
- Strong communication skills