Sr. Network Engineer
SPRINGFIELD, VA, US
Job Location: Springfield, VA
Job Type: Fulltime Perm
Clearance Requirement: Must be US Citizen and should be eligible for clearance.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to be part of a growing team in the federal sector. A Network Engineer with experience working in highly available Data Center environments. As the Engineer, you will oversee the installation of networking hardware in addition to maintaining, supervising and troubleshooting the existing network. Network administrators work to install and maintain a network on which a company's information and communications are stored and transmitted. This could include local area networks (LANs) and wireless Internet networks. Cisco administrators have experience specifically in Cisco software and technology products. When a problem arises, the administrator must work quickly to determine a solution and maintain the system's security. Cisco administrators also monitor the company's network and let their superiors know about any emerging requirements or necessary updates.
- Installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Routers, L2 and L3 Switches, Firewalls, WAN Accelerators, Load balancers, etc.
- Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, F-5.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, Cisco Firepower, and long haul optical equipment).
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Create Implementation Plans for network changes and projects.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Over 10 years of experience and both a B.S. and M.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
- 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco 9k/7k/5k/2k/1k, Data center SDN
- 1-3 years direct experience with Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC)
- 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco Firepower ASA
- 1-3 years direct experience with Juniper Firewalls
- Experience with REST architecture, JSON scripting
Nice to Have:
- 3 years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, etc. in a high-availability infrastructure
- 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco ACI
- 1-3 years direct experience with F-5 Load Balancers
- 3+ experience with layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with IP subnetting
- 2+ years of experience with layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- 2+ years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
- 2+ years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product line including Load-balancing, iRules and SSL termination.
- Extensive knowledge of data center technologies, infrastructure and methodologies
- Experience in DNS
- Experience working in structured change management processes
- Cisco Operating Systems such as IOS and/or NX-OS
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Strong organizational / coordination skills