Sr. DevSecOps Engineer
WASHINGTON, DC, US
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Fulltime Perm
Clearance Requirement: Must be US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for DHS clearance.
Our client is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer to support a data analytics project at a Federal Government client in Washington DC.
- The DevSecOps Engineer will gather requirements, design, codify, integrate and implement secure solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions.
- Develop, document, and implement CI/CD strategy for management of Infrastructure as Code IaC baseline
- Develop, document, and implement container management strategy to include management of container security and automated validation of immutable CI pipeline components for compliance with DHS processes.
- Develop and document shared infrastructure component management strategy to provide consistent standardized container, OS, and application baselines for infrastructure components available through self-service.
- Identify requirements, develop, document, and implement branching strategy to support change management requirements while automating as much of the deployment process as practical in the IaC CI/CD pipeline.
- Write code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- Maintain services (and supporting cloud infrastructure) once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Establish strategy/toolset/framework for automating testing of services and products, develop best practices for test automation and develop test suites,
- Design, develop and implement solutions based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives,
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in related field or equivalent work experience can be substituted instead of a degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Cyber Security.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in implementing/maintaining security in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in the design and automation of security tools and processes.
- Writing and managing Ansible playbooks
- Managing templated deployments with Ansible Tower
- Managing IaC and cloud workloads deployed with CI tooling
- Building and managing CI frameworks
- Enterprise change management and federal compliance processes
- Experiences with GitLab or comparable VCS
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the use and management of an OpenStack deployment across multiple data centers
- Experience with VMware & Satellite
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with NIST / STIG compliance of immutable infrastructure components
- Experience with PXE-less discovery provisioning to automate hardware / under cloud scalability
- One of the following certifications: CCSP, CCSK, CSSLP, CISSP, CEH or similar