SPRINGFIELD, VA, US
Job Location: Springfield, VA
Job Type: Fulltime Perm
Clearance Requirement: US Citizen and should be able to obtain clearance.
Our client is looking for a Unix/Linux Administrator to be part of a growing team in the federal sector. The ideal candidate will conduct administrative and maintenance activities on various UNIX and Linux servers.
This Unix/Linux Administrator must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the organization. This candidate must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
- Performing administration and maintenance activities on various UNIX and Linux servers.
- Building, configuring, monitoring and maintaining Unix based systems in a virtual environment
- Providing tier 2 and 3 supports for escalations from Help Desk
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting Linux and Unix based systems
- Backup and Recovery configuration and execution
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Must be able to support infrequent after hours and weekend escalations as needed (aside from on-call rotation)
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization as well as perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Define technical requirements & design to support defined business requirements, develop technical architecture components
- Review system performance and consumption issues, review test plans and provide technical guidance.
- Working on high visibility or mission-critical aspects of a given program and performing all functional duties independently.
- Manage and monitor the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
- Utilize tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment.
- Provide support to resolve the incident, problems, or service requests that require subject matter expertise and cannot be resolved by the EOC. Task personnel shall provide final problem resolution.
- Work with EOC to implement automated preventative measures, proactive monitoring and system self-healing capabilities to limit outages/performance issues that impact service levels.
- Contribute to the Root Cause Analysis efforts when applicable.
- Provide remote support for OS and standard software build installation activities as required to meet SLAs.
- Provide and maintain security-hardened baseline configurations (software) and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases across the Database and supporting products infrastructure
- 0-3 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- 1+ years’ experience providing operations and maintenance to IT systems
- 1+ years’ experience configuring and executing backup & recovery for storage and servers
- 1+ years’ experience with compilation of records and reports concerning IT operations and maintenance.
- 1+ years’ experience with system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- 1+ years’ experience demonstrated professional expertise gained from experience with Redhat Linux operating systems
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office productivity suite.