Database Technical Project Manager
SPRINGFIELD, VA, US
Job Location: Springfield, VA
Job Type: Fulltime Perm
Clearance Requirement: Must be US Citizens and should be able to obtain clearance.
Our client is looking for a Database Technical Project Manager to be part of a growing team in the federal sector. This role will support technical project management across the Database team. This will include overseeing design, implementation, maintenance, change management, configuration management, and daily operational activities.
This candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the organization. This candidate must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
- Coordinate the change management process for the Database team and ensure that change request (CR) documentation and execution adhere to required standards and procedures.
- Work with the Task Area Lead to maintain database operations within the organization
- Track and work with vendors on the service requests opened by the team.
- Drive the calls during the deployments and off hour maintenance tasks impacting critical applications.
- Schedule the resources for the tasks and maintain the worklog for ease of maintenance.
- Ensure database teams maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes
- Ensure all database projects are tracked in Jira, report status, and escalate issues to leadership
- Lead enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, and vendor management activities
- Provide leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages
- 3-10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
- 3+ years of experience with technical project management
- 3+ years of experience leading a technical team
- Experience with Oracle database products
- Expertise with ITIL processes
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of relational database administration