For more than 90 years, Our client has helped people protect what they have, save for a comfortable future and achieve financial security.
Licensed in 40 states, Our client provides auto, home, life and business insurance, as well as retirement and investment services, to more than 1 million households and businesses.
The organization’s more than 5,000 financial representatives and employees work closely with customers to create insurance and investment programs that meet their financial objectives.
Job Title: Sr IT Engineer
Job Location: Aden Hills, Minnesota
Job Duration: Fulltime-Perm
Our Senior IT Engineer ensures the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
- Design, build, implement, and support IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for our client.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and
- other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, Master’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, At least 10 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience.
- Experienced in organizing and coordinating teams against defined priority.
- Experienced in collaborating with multiple technical teams to drive solutions that are cost-effective and requirement driven.
- Experienced in organizing and coordinating deployments of complex systems
- Experienced with OS Tier 2 Support in heterogeneous operating system environments (Linux, Windows).
- A working knowledge of various Infrastructure & middleware technologies utilized in providing applications services
- A working knowledge of deployment methodologies and tooling.
Knowledge of multiple database architectures:
- IBM DB2
Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.