Our client provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. Our client is the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. Our client is focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test (Big Data)
Job Location: Reston, Virginia
Project Length: Fulltime Perm
Join our Big Data Engineering team where we’re cutting-edge technologies to solve large-scale challenges. Our Big Data ecosystem consists of tools including, but not limited to: Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper, Kafka, Storm, Sqoop.
Design and/or conduct test plans and scripts to test new, customized, or COTS software to ensure optimal performance of software before being put into production or installed in network environment. Test compatibility of new software with installed systems, networks, and technology platforms. Track errors, bugs, and the like in test data files for follow up and/or further testing.
Key Job Functions:
Create and maintain a test plan that defines test methods and tools to be employed for the assigned project and accurately scope the required resources and other project parameters for assigned projects.
Conduct, or lead the conduct of the test plan on the assigned application. Provide technical guidance to other members of testing team.
Serve as consultant on testing projects, advising less experienced staff or management on design of test plan and testing protocols.
May serve as project manager of larger testing project, planning and guiding work of less experienced team members.
On larger or more complex testing or QC exercise, may play role of project lead or technical lead, guiding work of less experienced staff.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
6+ years of related experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Test automation experience- at least 1 year of Hadoop/HBase required
- Web services(SOAP and RESTful) testing experience required
- Agile testing experience required
- Experience in SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Ability to write, understand & debug complex SQL scripts for data validation & data analysis
- Experience in test automation such as Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Good verbal & written communication skills
Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.