Our client is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.
Job Title: .Net Developer
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Duration: Fulltime-Perm
You will be responsible for the design and development of the Healthcare Solutions Insurance Clearinghouse application, a high-volume transaction processing system between healthcare providers and insurance payers. The role will be responsible for developing design and functional specifications, installation and solutions documentation, producing deliverables related to the project(s) assigned, and assisting in post-implementation support and system enhancements. You should feel comfortable evaluating and selecting appropriate development tools to develop systems and software. Day-to-day, you will code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install custom developed moderately complex and/or integrated programs. You should expect to be responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to technology processes or systems, and you may mentor associate developers in development methodology and processes.
The system is built on a full Microsoft stack: .NET 4.5, ASP.NET Webforms, SQL Server, and WCF services with a full SOA design.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Analysis/Design: You’ll analyze moderately complex business requirements and perform feasibility studies for projects of small to medium scope and complexity. Environmental requirements, conversion specifications, and file structures shared between systems are all areas in which you should be able to get up to speed quickly. You’ll design data models, interpret business requirements, and prepare system design documents for projects with minimal impact on other systems.
- Communication and Documentation: You should be able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences; peers, management, and customers are all possible audiences for your recommendations and evaluations.
- Planning/Process Management: You should be prepared to produce time estimates for all phases of development projects, from initial intake to last-mile. You’ll actively participate in sprint and post-implementation reviews to learn what was a success and what presents an opportunity for improvement.
- Coding: You will develop and maintain code utilizing patterns common to the language and framework in use. Your code should be maintainable, scalable, and understandable by other developers who may or may not have worked with it previously.
- Testing: You should expect to create unit tests for automated testing. You should be able to develop system and system integration test plans, and you will assist the Quality Assurance testing team in creating test data and test plans commensurate with the scope of the project.
- Mentoring: You will have the opportunity to assist associate developers with simple and moderately complex technical questions.
- Technical Support: When necessary, you will work alongside Operations and your associate developers to research and resolve issues within a production environment, including making recommendations for system performance and stability. You will participate in our on-call rotation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of C# and ASP .NET experience required. Experience with .NET 4.5 is preferred.
- 3+ years of development experience in creating Microsoft WCF services
- 3+ years of relational database development experience is required. SQL Server 2012 is preferred.
- Should have demonstrated experience leading small projects and must be able to work on moderately complex projects, both individually and as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with associates at all levels within the organization, especially upper level managers in various business units.
Interested? Please contact email@example.com for immediate consideration.